Answered Prayers

Friday, April 4, 2014




Sometimes, despite good reason I do and feel things that I  know I shouldn’t.  To make excuses is easy, but the heart knows and believe me the mind would not shut-up about the truth. So I talk.  I talk to myself.  I try to reason and argue until I can’t anymore, because I can’t even win an argument with myself.  I seek help.  I call a friend – or two, to hash it out.  I listen and try to put reason to action.  But I fail most of the time because it’s just really too difficult.

Then I pray.  My heart sometimes does this even before my brain.  It would cry out so no matter how difficult it is, the sweet misery would be taken away.  Then God, the universe, fate would make things happen.  It actually makes it possible to do what needs to be done.  A situation will present itself that would make it easy for me to just do it.  And sometimes it is bitter-sweet. But as all answered prayers are, it is really not how we expected it and we just have to receive and be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS