Ways to Know if You're Growing Up

Monday, March 16, 2009



One of my favorite blogs to read is The Wild and Wily Ways of a Brunette Bombshell.  In her archives, she posted an entry entitled 9 ways I know I'm growing uP.  It Caught my attention because the first one was, 1. I've given up soda. Not entirely, but almost.  I love it.  I shared this with a friend who also liked the post and asked me what would be my 9 ways. As usual it made me think.  Wala akong maisip kahit isa.  I’m resigned to the idea that I may not be grown up yet.  I have a lot more growing up to do I guess.  A LOT MORE!

But this wonderful friend that I have amazingly wrote his 9 Ways in less than 6 mins.  Grabe noh?!  After he finishes typing his answers isa lang ang nasabi ko: shet grown-up ka na nga!  With his permission.. Instead of mine, I am posting HIS 9 Ways he knows he's growing up.

1. I become more realistic than idealistic
2. I become less self-conscious
3. I only mind people who matter
4. I learn to forgive
5. I let go of my convictions if I'm given a more logical reason to believe otherwise
6. I gave up my vices- soda, cigs, pork, beef.  Meaning I live a lot healthier with proper diet and exercise
7.  I spend less on clothes and more on things that will enrich my experience like traveling
8. I earn more and get to share more
9. I laugh at my old self and realize how I like what I have become over the years.

And so.. while I type this, hindi pa rin ako nakakaisip but I am not  in a hurry.  I wish i could answer the question as fast as he can.  Pero hindi I can't eh.  Not yet, i guess.  But It'll come to me.  I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS