1. Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Sunday, January 2, 2011


My first book for the year is Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

I finished this book in 3 days. Sarah is my favorite character. I love that she is selfless and courageous but was falling-apart at the edges at the same time. I love the fact that although she is almost out of sanity with grief and confusion, she was able to look beyond the craziness and do what her heart wants to do, which is above all else, save Little Bee from the monsters of her past, present and future.

There were parts that I was crying but I wasn't bawling like a baby. ;)

Some of the lines that stuck with me are:

♥ However long the moon disappears, someday it must shine again.

♥ A good trick about this world, no one likes each other but everyone likes U2.

♥ People wonder how they are ever going to change their lives, but really it is frighteningly easy.

and my favorite:

♥ If your face is swollen from severe beatings of life, smile and pretend you're a fat man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS