9. A Thousand Splendid Suns

Wednesday, January 26, 2011


This is a really great read, I might just like this better than The Kite Runner. Khaled Hosseini was successful in making me more interested in Afghan history after reading this book.

A story of hope and starting over more than the sad truths that were illustrated. There were parts that until now got me bewildered because its still happening today.


"One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs, or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls."

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all you've shared here - there was a time a couple of years ago where almost all my reading material had an Eastern inspiration and like you I found my awareness of this pocket of the world greatly expanded.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS