34. Paper Towns

Saturday, June 4, 2011



Paper towns is another novel by John Green, another really good novel at that. The characters are relatable except for Margo Roth Spiegelman. Quentin is my favourite in this book, next Radar then Ben. Ben, I love because he became a total hero in the end. J

I totally picked up something new in this book, that paper towns are faux places placed on maps for copyright purposes. This is such a brilliant idea don’t you think? The book is easy enough to read, and there are funny bits here and there. But it is true what the cover states, it is surprisingly moving. Sometimes I think, I wanna be part of a great adventure like this – except, I am getting too old. Hahaha.

One line that struck me in in this novel is this: It’s so hard to leave - until you leave. And then it is the easiest thing in the world. This is without a doubt the real deal. I felt this way 8 months ago. J

When things break, its not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. Its because a little piece gets lost - the two remaining ends couldn’t fit together even if they wanted to. The whole shape has changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS