2011 Reading Challenge

Friday, December 2, 2011








As you might probably guess, I like reading.  I've always been in love with the fascinating opportunity we get, to be part of another universe - a different life while reading.  Beginning of this year, I took up a reading challenge over at tumblr.  I love this challenge!  It actually gave me an excuse to read as much as I want; not that I need an excuse anyway. :)


A couple of weeks ago, I just completed my challenge of 50 books! woots!  I read all sorts of stuff - but of course my all time favorites are Memoirs, Period Novels and yeah, YA books. I also found myself liking the dystopian novels which took me by surprise quite frankly because I like reading how things were before my time and not how it would look like in the future.


I read 50 wonderful books and the year is not even over yet! Isn't that exciting?! :)  Some of these books are beyond awesome, some I almost didn't finish because I lost interest halfway through but ultimately - books are LOVE. :)








Just like any other reader, I have favorites.  My top ten are as follows:

10.  Plain Truth - Jodi Picoult
 9.  Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
 8.  Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang - Chelsea Handler
 7.  One Day - David Nicholls
 6.  Looking for Alaska -  John Green
 5.  Divergent - Veronica Roth
 4.  The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson
 3.   Dash and Lilly's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
 2.  A Thousand Splendin Suns - Khaled Hosseini
 1.  Millenium Trilogy (Girl with the dragon tattoo, the girl who played with fire and the girl who kicked the hornet's nest) - Stieg Larsson



I know my number 1 choice is kind of cheating but I don't really care! LOL.  I love these novels!


Oh, and before I forget, the books in this challenge, they are all ebooks. :)  I still love the old school books, but ebooks are easier for me to carry and I have several choices whenever I need a quick read fix. So, I don't hate ebooks at all! :)





1 comment:

  1. What a great achievement.
    I had set myself the same challenge earlier this year but have failed miserably, perhaps because I've stuck not only to 'old school' paper pages but I also choose thick books....my current being 'A Fine Balance' by Rohinton Mistry.

    If you'd like to see share what have read in 2011, pop over to my blog and they're on my sidebar...keep going you'll get to them eventually!

    Happy day!

    PS: Found you via Rockstar Diaries giveaway - we both have great taste it seems!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS